Cruise Ship Assistant Cook
Apply for Job
- Preparation of food items such as peeling and cutting vegetables, preparing sauces, soups or salads as per given recipes and instructions from his supervisor.
- Will be assigned a station in the Galley by the Executive Chef that can be changed from time to time for training purposes.
- Must assist with the transportation of food items from the Main Stores to the Galley.
- Duties include the cleaning and sanitizing of his working area and working utensils following the United States Public Health Rules at Regulations and all times.
- Must be familiar with the Ship’s Rules and Regulations and participate in all required Safety Training Emergency Life Boat Drills.
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and presentable.
- Age and Health: Minimum age should be twenty-one (21) years old. Physically fit and in good health, without any previous record of any medical problems, drugs and alcoholism. Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and able to work a minimum of ten hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Standard High School Education. Requires a work history in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants).
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional and take great pride in his work. Adherence to the Company’s Rules and Regulations is a must for his success on the job. Education / Training.