The major goal of this position is to assist the Executive Housekeeper in the efficient running of the Housekeeping Department in line with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- The Assistant Executive Housekeeper will be held accountable for achievement of Company’s Standards in his/her assigned Housekeeping area.
- Ability to take over from the Chief Housekeeper if necessary.
- Must supervise the day-to-day cleaning and maintenance of his/her assigned area. Thoroughly inspects all designated areas, ensuring Standards and Guest’s Satisfaction.
- Must ensure that his/her subordinates follow their schedules and produce the required tasks as per job descriptions and Management instructions.
- Ensures that assigned crew are well groomed and in proper uniform when reporting for duty.
- Meets the new employees and explains the Ship’s Rules and Regulations, and onboard routines, introducing them to their duties and job descriptions. Must notify the Chief Housekeeper of any cases of indiscipline or poor performance.
- Gives scheduled training to assigned crew with emphasis to their job specifications and techniques, including the United States Public Health standards and onboard Garbage separation as per the Waste Management Program.
- Coaches and evaluates his subordinates.
- Responsible for the requisition of the materials needed for the operation of his/her assigned area of the operation.
- Must inventory and control all housekeeping consumables in his/her assigned area.
- Must be knowledgeable of the ship’s events and schedules in order to accurately answer to possible Guest’s questions.
- Handles Guest’s special requests and complaints and reports them to the Executive Housekeeper. Safety
- Participates in safety drills, according to instructions
- Complies with Company’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
- High School education or higher.
- A minimum of five years related experience in the hospitality trade/ as Housekeeping management in a first class hotel. Language requirements
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal English. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence in order to establish a good rapport with the ship’s Senior Officers and the Main Office.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with the ship’s command and Hotel Management.
- Computer knowledge Windows Word and Excel, Outlook.