Responsible for assisting in the maintenance and repair of refrigeration and HVAC systems as directed by the Refrigeration Engineer.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, all team members are required to stand; walk long distances on the ship; use hands to touch, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell.
- All vessel positions require repetitive motion of bending, climbing, going up and down stairs and lifting more than 25 pounds. This job requires specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All team members must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. All vessel positions require full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities to receive and give instructions in the vent of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats.
- Work within different temperature changes – indoors to outdoors.
- Able to pass basic safety course.
- This is a minimal description of duties. Other work requirements may be necessary and assigned as business or maritime law dictates.
- Carry out orders given by the Refrigeration Engineer.
- Carry out maintenance and routine work under the direction of the Refrigeration Engineer.
- Handle cabin complaints as directed through the ECR/Front Desk, immediately inform his supervisor if he/she is unable to solve the cabin complaint himself.
- The Assistant Refrigeration Engineer must be familiar with the safety management system, including his/her responsibilities in the safety organization according to Emergency Plan and Station Bill.
- Must be familiar with the Safety and Environmental Protection Policy and the SEMS, and carry out the policies and procedures appropriate for his/her position.
- Must demonstrate willingness to learn and further their knowledge of onboard equipment and procedures.
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Will be assigned duties that are customary to the department as directed by the department head.
- Initiates and maintains effective employee relations at all times.
- 1-2 years relevant experience
- Fluent in English (written and verbal)
LICENSES – THE FOLLOWING LICENSES ARE REQUIRED TO CARRY OUT THE DUTIES OF THIS POSITION:
Please list all necessary licenses, certifications or documentation required for this position.
- Welding Certificate
- EPA Universal Refrigeration Recovery Certificate (within 12 months onboard) – for at least ONE of the Refrigeration Engineer onboard.
STCW – Company Required Certificates
- Basic Safety Course
- Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats other than Fast Rescue Boats
- Crowd management
- Basic Safety Familiarization (On Assignment)
- Ship Specific Familiarization (On Assignment)
- Illegal Drug Lecture
- Respiratory Protection
For U.S. Flagged Ships prior to joining NCLA ships:
- Merchant Mariner Document (MMD / Z Card)
- Crowd Management
- Basic Safety Course Certificate
- Education in case by case at the time of interview.