Baker prepares bread and bakery items for the whole vessel, assuring quality and quantity with his team. He is required to follow the recipes set forth by the company and maintain the highest standards on board.
- Prepare all bakery items and ensure freshness of all products leaving the bakery.
- Ensure economical food production and minimization of food waste.
- Make sure all food is stored and all areas are cleaned to standards.
- The bread production is ready prior to service, assuring freshness of the product for lunch and dinner.
- Personality and Appearance: Must have a pleasant and courteous personality. Must be well groomed, and presentable.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. (30 Kilos) on a daily basis and able to work a minimum of ten hours per day, seven days a week.
- Professional Experience and Education: Standard High School Education. Requires years in the profession (Quality Hotels or Restaurants). Understanding of European bakery practices a plus, excellent hands on techniques and ability to maintain exceeding standards.
- Communication and Language Skills: Must be able to read and speak English clearly in order to interpret documents such as recipes and manuals. Other languages are considered a plus.
- Work Ethic: Must be a serious professional with a history of flexibility.