Cruise Ship Bar Waiter/Waitress
Apply for Job
- To provide guests with courteous and professional service.
- To increase revenue for the company and self by applying up-selling techniques.
- To meet sales targets as prescribed by the company.
- Maintains clean and orderly lounges / bars and follows the Island Cruises Lounge Responsibilities Guide.
- Greeting guests when they enter the lounge.
- Knows his/her bar menu well and is able to explain and suggest drinks.
- Knows the daily cocktail specials/ingredients and all special promotions that occur.
- Is self-motivated to sell and recommend drinks in order to meet and exceed the sales targets set by the company.
- Be able to fully understand and operate the Info Genesis/POS system onboard, in order to create checks and reports necessary.
- Provides personalized service (remembers guests names and preferences).
- Verifies that drinks are served in the proper glass with the proper garnish.
- Adheres to the vessel’s drinking age policy.
- Helps in bringing the stock up to various bars, when necessary.
- Helps in the stores during the loading.
- Attends weekly bar staff meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Performs all other duties as requested by supervisors (i.e. Luggage Handling, Escorting Guests on embarkation day & Pier Duties)
- Works at special parties (Repeaters etc.), Officers Presentation and private functions.
- General cleaning and maintenance according to U.S.P.H. standards.
- Handles all ship equipment with utmost care and reports any faulty/broken equipment.
- Assists management with coaching and introduction of new personnel.
- Personal hygiene and appearance – Uniforms must be clean and ironed at all times – You must always wear your name tag and Palm pin. – Showers at least twice a day – Hair must be neat, well-groomed and above the collar for all male personnel. Beards and mustaches are not permitted in the Bar. Sideburns should not be lower than the ear lobe – For female personnel hair must be kept neatly away from the face. Ladies who need to tie their hair back should wear a dark colored scrunch – Makeup should be tasteful and no visible tattoos. (i.e. hand, arm, neck and leg) – No earrings are allowed for male employees and personal jewelry should be kept to a Minimum. Ladies may wear tasteful and small earrings, and one ring maximum per hand – All shoes are to be enclosed at the toe and heel. Ladies heels are to be no higher than 1 inch
- Always projects a favorable image of Island Cruises.
- Must be familiar with the ship’s rules and regulations and participates in all required Safety Training and Emergency Life Boat Drills.
- Participates in the In Port Manning Schedule assigned by the Bar Manager
- Complies with Island Cruises safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures. Education / Training
- Minimum of 1year beverage related service experience. Language requirements
- Fluent English Computer knowledge N/A