- The Barista will perform the daily duties of serving our guests all beverages and food items that are available in accordance with the standards, procedures and specifications outlined by the company.
- Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management.
- All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
- Ensures all operating standards and procedures are executed consistently.
- All areas are clean, USPH compliant and visually appealing at all times.
- Effectively resolves guest complaints and makes every effort to ensure that guest leave the satisfied.
- Creates opportunities for the guest to interact with the product.
- Provides quality beverages consistently to all guests.
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products.
- Contributes to Food & Beverage goals for increasing sales and improving profits.
- Takes initiative in learning all aspects of the Barista position.
- Interpersonal Effectiveness:
- Stays “above the line” and accepts ownership for achieving results in all areas of accountability including ratings, revenue, Workplace Safety.
- Resolves conflict with fact-based communication.
- Fosters team unity and inspires commitment.
- Collaborates well and works up, down and across the organization.
- Assists in training of all crew, including new hires.
Physical & Language Requirements:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to
touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency life saving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. Ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Minimum of one year food service/hospitality – related experience.
- Knowledge of coffee, tea and specialty coffee drinks.
- Guest service focused and solution oriented.
- Ability to analyze and interpret documents such as recipes and manuals.
- Ability to multi-task and remain organized and flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal including the ability to interact effectively with guests and fellow employees.