The major goal of the position is the exceptional service of all Guest’s suites in his respective section, including passageways as per the Company’s Standards. The butler must have exemplary interpersonal skills and premium service etiquette.
- The butler will offer each guest a truly memorable level of service.
- Must be always friendly and helpful, to all Guests regardless if they are or are not in your section.
- Before embarkation each guest suite must be thoroughly inspected. The suite must be in immaculate condition when the guest arrives. Technical deficiencies must be reported and corrected.
- On embarkation day, the butler will greet his guests at the assigned station and explain full recover all service, guest suite and bathroom amenities.
- Being able to explain all menus and wines to the guests.
- Provide delivery service for invitations, gifts and flowers.
- Assist guests to disembark the vessel during disembarkation.
- Takes care of Guest’s personal laundry requests, taking it to and from the laundry and presents laundry bill to the Guests. (Which is charged to Guest Account).
- Must re-stock the Mini-Bars and charge used items to Guests in assigned section.
- Must replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, stationary, ice and all other amenities.
- Must report and follow up all defective equipment, fixtures and supplies.
- Must ensure the cleanliness of the suites.
- Serve breakfast, lunch or dinner in suite as requested.
- Must be knowledgeable with the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations following them at all times.
- Ensures personal appearance and personal hygiene and uniform are at all times in accordance with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- Upon request, arrange cocktail party in suite.
- Afternoon deliveries of canapés and cookies.
- Hand Delivery of shore excursions tickets and specialty restaurant reservation cards.
- Inform guests of the itinerary’s port of call and help make arrangements for excursions and tours.
- Bring newspapers and/or other literature, as needed, daily.
- Escort guests to officers’ tables when invited.
- Serve high tea in the suites.
- Provide shoe polish service.
- Propose to meet with Cruise Consultant to book future cruise.
- Offer private ship’s tour.
- Coordinate Spa bookings.
- Participates in safety drills, according to instructions.
- Complies with Company’s safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.. Education / Training
- Requires a minimum of 3 years as a butler (Quality Hotels or Cruise Ships). Standard High School education. Language requirements
- Must be able to communicate effectively and to speak clearly in English with Supervisors and Guests alike. Other languages are considered a plus. Computer knowledge N/A