Provides friendly and professional service to guests while conducting table games such as Baccarat , Roulette, Sic Bo, Blackjack, Roulette or Poker game derivatives and other related table games in the shipboard Casino.
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the shipboard employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties assigned by their supervisor or management. All duties and responsibilities are to be performed in accordance with the Company’s Safety, Quality and Environmental standards.
Demonstrates Passion, Drive and Energy
- Motivates colleagues to achieve individual, departmental, and company objectives
- Demonstrates pride, passion and commitment to our GOLD Anchor standards
Cross Team Collaboration
- Fosters team unity and collaboration
- Works with other departments onboard, such as Food and Beverage to ensure guest satisfaction and drive onboard revenue
Acts with Integrity
- Is a role model for others and serves as a positive ambassador of Royal Caribbean Cruises
- Creates a climate of trust and mutual respect
- Ensures compliance of rules and regulations at the tables and refers escalated situations to management personnel
- Ability to speak English clearly, distinctly and cordially
- Fluency in Mandarin strongly preferred
- Conversant in Japanese, Korean and/or Cantonese preferred
All shipboard employees must be able to communicate in the English language in order to understand and interpret written procedures. This includes the ability to give and receive instructions in written and verbal forms and to effectively present information and respond to questions from guests, supervisors and co-workers.
- Must be able to endure working conditions that may require exposure to a heavy smoking environment and loud noises
- While performing the duties of this job, the shipboard employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- All shipboard employees must be physically able to participate in emergency lifesaving procedures and drills. Full use and range of arms and legs as well as full visual, verbal and hearing abilities are required to receive and give instructions in the event of an emergency including the lowering of lifeboats. The employee must have the ability to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Minimum two years dealer experience
- Proficient at dealing Baccarat (differential/squeeze/face-up /no tax versions), Blackjack, Roulette, Poker game derivatives and various other casino games
- Knowledge of Sicbo strongly preferred
- Two years’ experience dealing with rolling “dead chip” programs on Baccarat and Roulette (VIP/Junket exposure) strongly preferred
- Experience in dealing to Asian junket /VIP groups/High Rollers strongly preferred
- Experience in VIP and VVIP gaming areas strongly preferred
- Ability to perform mental arithmetic quickly and accurately
- Completion of high school or basic education equivalency preferred