Clean and maintain the public spaces on a daily basis following the cleaning schedule established by the Management onboard.
- Handle all the cleaning materials, chemicals and machinery necessary for the daily operation.
- Participate in a training program in order to develop skills in view for future promotions.
- Must be able to work with Cleaning Machinery, assigned by the ship. This will include training for the different machinery onboard.
- Must follow at all times the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations.
- Assist with loading or provisions as directed.
- Responsible for the cleanliness, maintenance and upkeep of all equipment and any other ship’s property that he/she is working with, to be responsibly minded for the breakage and loss of any equipment.
- Use only ship’s authorized chemicals in the way and manner they’ve been instructed.
- Attend departmental meetings and trainings when requested.
Personal hygiene and appearance:
- Take a shower before the commencement of one’s shift.
- Have trimmed and neat haircut.
- Have at all times short and clean fingernails.
- Be always neat / well-groomed and shaved.
- Only delicate / appropriate jewelry to be worn
Perform all duties other than above as requested by his/her Supervisor
Fire / safety according to the ship’s rules and regulations.
Education / Training
High School or higher.
Experience and/or training in the hospitality field considered a plus.
- Must be able to read and interpret English.
- Additional language a plus.
Experience / Skills / Character
- Must be able to work unsupervised and to a fixed time of schedule.
- Must be reliable, honest and friendly.
- Must be flexible.
- Must be able to work under pressure.