The major goal of the position is to ensure an effective running and control of the Fish Shop in line with the Company’s Rules and regulations.
- Responsible for the thawing, and preparation of all the Fish to be used in the Daily Menus.
- Must have a complete knowledge of the United States Public Health Rules and Regulations and ensure that they are followed on a daily basis.
- Ensures the cleaning of the Fish Shop and Fish Thawing Rooms as per the Executive Chef schedule, exercising proper methods to minimize equipment damages.
- Must have his working area ready for any announced or unannounced United States Public Health type inspection.
- Duties include the storing of the received fish into the freezers on the loading days.
- Responsible for the Requisition and Transportation of the necessary items from the freezers to the thawing rooms as per the Executive Chef thawing schedule.
- Must ensure that product yields and portions are according with the Portion Control Charts provided by the Main Office and that proper use is given to all the resulting trimmings.
- Must complete the Daily Fish Recaps required by the Food Manager.
- Assists the Provision Master with the Inventory Taking of all Fish Storage Rooms.
- Ensure that his subordinates come to work on time, and that personal appearance, uniform and personal hygiene are in accordance with the Company’s Rules and Regulations.
- Must be familiar with the Ship’s Rules and Regulations and participate in all required Safety Training Emergency Life Boat Drills.
- Must be present in an early standby each time the ship is subject to have a USPH inspection.
- Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
- Complies with Island Cruises’ safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures. Education/Training
- Culinary School degree and a minimum of two years’ experience as a Head Cook in a Hotel or Convention Banqueting Service. Authority
- Over the Fish Shop and the Assistant Fish Cooks. Language requirements
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal English and possess good mathematical skills. Other languages are considered a plus. Ability to communicate with his Head of Department and subordinates alike.