Directly supervises, trains and monitors the performance of the subordinate F&B positions assigned to his/ her work station – Waiter / Waitress and Assistant Waiter / Waitress.
- Ensures that all tables within his/ her section are set on time with the appropriate china, silverware, glassware and linen.
- Assist subordinate staff in setting tables in cases of time constraints or temporary personnel shortages.
- Mentors, develops and provides on-the-job training to new recruits in order to improve their current performance allowing them to gain skills and abilities for future advancement.
- Responsible for notifying the Restaurant Manager/ Maître D’ of any cases of disciplinary actions or poor performance.
- Would escort passengers to their tables, present them the menus and suggest particular courses and wines and would kindly answer to any questions they may have regarding menu items and wine list.
- Constantly observes his assigned area for demanding or “difficult” passengers and works in a positive and polite manner to resolve problems.
- Ensures that the highest quality of food and service are offered to passengers all the time.
- Supervises dining room entertainment according to established practices of the cruise line and alterations based on the specific itinerary – Pirate nights, Caribbean nights, Italian nights etc.
- Participate in rotational schedule, supervising various food outlet venues around the cruise ship – main dining room(s), 24-hour buffet or specialty restaurants.
- High school diploma or equivalent and a minimum two-tree years of restaurant managerial experience as a Head Waiter.
- Formal hospitality training and previous cruise ship experience are preferred, but not mandatory.
- Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language, knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
- Strong managerial skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.