The Hotel Director is responsible for managing all the operations on this luxury cruise ships that sails around the world. The HD is responsible for overseeing all hotel, food and beverage, concessionaires, rooms, housekeeping etc. This position is the equivalent of a General Manager position for a high volume luxury resort. Cruise ships cater to over 1000 guests, in a luxury environment with multiple food and beverage outlets.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Plans, coordinates and controls the operation of the Hotel organization. Directs the function of all Hotel personnel through the management of department heads.
- Ensures the highest level of guest satisfaction by providing quality guest services and amenities within corporate standard.
- Establishes and maintains effective internal communications including regular department head meetings to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
- Implements the business and operating budget plans to ensure an on-going basis optimum total guest satisfaction, sales potential and profitability.
- Ensures the security and safety of guests and shipboard employees through established emergency procedures.
- Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement throughout the vessel and in business, social and governmental communities as appropriate.
- Continually encourages teamwork and cooperation between all Hotel shipboard employees and Marine shipboard employees.
- Monitors cash management programs and purchasing practices including inventories and receivables.
- Conducts regular inspections to ensure facilities are kept in optimal condition by full implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning and management.
- Maintains a high-level of communication with shore side managers involving various auditing and reporting requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management, Business Administration or related field from an accredited college or university, or the international equivalent preferred
- Ten or more years progressive management experience in a 4 or 5 star hotel with at least five years operational experience in food and beverage, front office and/or housekeeping
- Knowledge of the principles and processes involved in business and organizational planning, coordination and execution
- Knowledge of the principles and processes for providing customer and personal services.
- Ability to manage the international staff in a positive and productive manner by motivating, developing and managing employees as they work.
- Ability to read, write and speak English clearly and distinctly. Ability to communicate in additional languages is preferred.
- All shipboard employees must meet all physical requirements, including the ability to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation, including the participation in life-saving procedures and drills.
- All applicants must have the ability to obtain required visas