Provide guests with courteous and professional beverage service. Increase revenue for the company and self by applying up-selling techniques and meet sales targets.
- Should be knowledgeable of all beverage lists and able to discuss and suggest wines to guests who ask for advice.
- Knowledge of how to pair wine with food is imperative.
- Must be able to reach sales targets set by the Company that are reasonable and attainable but require motivation and commitment.
- Maintains a clean and orderly wine cellar.
- Duties include the re-stocking of the Wine Cellar on a daily basis and once a week may be requested to work during the loading of wines onto to the ship.
- Provides personalized service (remembers guests names and preferences).
- Adheres to the vessel’s drinking age policy.
- Attends weekly bar staff meetings and training sessions, as required.
- Works at special parties and private functions.
- General cleaning and maintenance according to standards.
- Handles all ship equipment with utmost care and reports any faulty/broken equipment.
- Assists management with coaching and introduction of new personnel.
- Clean uniform and tidy appearance, hair, nails, etc. at all times.
- Performs all other duties as requested by supervisors.
- Always projects a favorable image of the Company.
- Works in all beverage service location at the discretion of his/her supervisor.
Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
Complies with safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures.
Education / Training
Minimum of 3 years wine service experience.
Basic PC skills.