Summary: The Dining Room Steward is responsible to serve food and food related beverages to Guests according to the established company standards.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel to the yachts and extended stay up to 10 months on board is required. Regularly required to sit and stand. Occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job includes close vision. Some stress may occur, especially during traveling periods and during periods of daily activities.
(*This position doesn’t have supervisory responsibilities*)
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work according to the 6 key principles: show well, the right delights, service wow, sales are up, destination engagement and magical moments.
- Responsible for friendly, courteous and gracious service to all Guests.
- Responsible for front of the house service delivery to the guest in the Dining Room
- Primarily assigned to the Dining Room. Maybe assigned other areas as per management discretion
- Follows all food handling and cleaning procedures in accordance with USPH standards
- Performs all “Mastiek” duties as assigned.
- Adheres to the company appearance and grooming standards.
- Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of company issued equipment and utensils in order to prevent damage or loss.
- Follows company standards as related to maintenance, cleaning and sanitation
- Maintains the highest level of productivity and service in the work area.
- Reports immediately all issues pertaining to Guests satisfaction to his managers.
- Works closely and cooperates with superiors, colleagues and other employees in order to achieve the highest possible Guests satisfaction from the services rendered.
- Follows prescribed procedures for the delivery of service and their order of placement.
- Follows all procedures for handling of clean linen, glasses, china and silverware for table set up.
- Follows prescribed procedures for the removal, organization and delivery of dirty dishes to the dishwashing area.
- Performs and manages other duties as assigned.
- STCW 4th Part Basic Training
- Senior High School Graduate
- PSCRB Certificate
- Valid Seafarers Medical
- Must pass a security background check
- Latest experience must be within the past 2 years