Cruise Ship Assistant Bar Manager
Apply for Job
- To supervise the bars and lounges assigned by the Bar Manager and fully ensure Company’s Standards as per the Bar Operations Manual.
- Will work directly with the Bar Staff using a hands-on management approach by helping the Bartenders in busy hours as well as replacing them during meal hours whenever necessary, thus the complete knowledge of the Bar tendering and Wine Service techniques is fundamental.
- Will ensure that the designated area is well covered with enough bar servers. Using a hands-on management approach will help the bar servers in busy hours.
- Help the Bartenders and Bar Waiters increase sales.
- Will ensure that all Bar staff is familiar with the InfoGenesis/POS system onboard. Conduct training for new Bar staff.
- Improve and standardize bar service.
- Will conduct all the necessary training, in particular “ON THE JOB TRAINING”, as instructed by the Bar Manager, to develop each individual to the required level of service standards.
- Will make sure that all Bar Staff works according to the established schedules and stations while using initiative to move Staff from one lounge to another according to sales and guest’s movement. Will also assist the Bar Manager to monitor the bar staffs working hours, releasing the bar staff whenever deemed necessary according to sales and guest’s movement.
- Will ensure that bar par levels are maintained by making constant spot checks and instructing the Bartenders on how to correctly fill up their requisitions in order to maintain stocks.
- Undertake bar inventories and random par level spot checks whenever instructed by the Bar Manager.
- Must check and sign all the Bar requisitions and check mark all the empty bottles, with the date on, and validate them against the requisitions.
- Must ensure that bar displays and set ups are arranged according to standards. Make sure Bar Menus are properly placed on the tables whenever the bars and lounges are open for service.
- Must ensure that all Staff follows the dress code and comes to work with an immaculate appearance, therefore making sure to check that all bar personnel have clean and proper uniforms, name tags and palmy pins at all times.
- Must be aware of the guests’ needs and take care of any possible complaint, notifying the Bar Manager as soon as possible.
- Must achieve and maintain USPH standards at all times therefore a full knowledge of all USPH Rules and Regulations is mandatory.
- Must check the designated bars before closing and ensure that they are ready for any announced or unannounced USPH type inspection.
- Reports all the equipment malfunctions to the Bar Manager who in turn will report it to the technical department and a continuous follow up of pending repairs is necessary.
- Participates in safety drills according to instructions.
- Participates in the in Port Manning schedule assigned by the Bar Manager.
- Complies with Island Cruises safety and pollution prevention regulations and operating procedures. Education / Training
- Minimum of 3 years beverage-related experience. Language requirements
- Fluent English Computer knowledge Word, Excel, Micros, Fidelio.